Great Park Consultants
Great Park can offer a variety of services ranging from buildings and their foundations for private residential and commercial development as well as those structures that are required for the function of a project, such as civil structures including bridges, drainage and retaining walls.
Great Park Consultants Ltd have provided structural engineering services to clients throughout the West of England for over 10 years. Director David Lyness has been a Chartered Engineer for over 25 years gaining considerable experience in the structural design of civil and building structures. He has also held positions such as Regional Director and Structural Director for national and local Consulting Engineering practices.
During this time, David has undertaken projects in many different aspects of life. These include residential and commercial developments, Local Authorities, end users, other consultants and private clients and has carried out feasibility studies and structural assessments through to detailed structural design and construction drawings. He has significant experience with the main structural materials, steel, concrete, masonry and timber.
List of Services
- Structural Engineering Consultancy and Design
- Structural surveys (not for valuation)
- Feasibility and structural assessment for proposed developments
- Briefing for Site Investigations by others
- Preliminary assessment and design
- Building Structural design in the standard materials
- Design of extensions, alterations, renovations and new-build houses
- Foundation design of traditional and special solutions (piled ground beams, rafts, pier and beam, tree influence)
- Civil structures design e.g. Pumping stations, surface water attenuation structures, highway structures to Local authority approval, private retaining structures
- Site visits and inspections
- Production of construction drawings
- Production of Reinforcement detailing and bending schedules
- Building Regulations Control – structural calculations
- As well as designing to Eurocodes and/or British Standards as appropriate, we are also fully versed with the NHBC and LABC Standards