Urban Archaeology provides professional archaeological services for all stages in a development project. We offer a flexible, affordable and thorough presence on site, backed up by a detailed and comprehensive service off-site.
Chiz Harward has worked as an archaeologist for over twenty five years, working on projects ranging from small domestic projects through to some of Britain’s largest developments. Before setting up Urban Archaeology, Chiz’s career included roles with Museum of London Archaeology, Cotswold Archaeology and English Heritage.
Through his work on large construction projects Chiz has developed the skillset to plan and carry out archaeological works within complex work programmes, working alongside other contractors, minimising delays and expense.
- Archaeological Desk Based Assessment (DBA)
- Preparation of Written Schemes of Investigation (WSI)
- Pre-determination investigations (evaluation trial trenching and test-pitting)
- Watching briefs and excavations
- Faculty work in churches and graveyards
- Post-excavation assessment, analysis, reporting and archive
- Archaeological illustration
Chiz is a full member of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists and fully complies with the Institute’s Code of Conduct. Urban Archaeology holds Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance. Amongst other accreditations Chiz holds the Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) ticket.
Urban Archaeology prides itself on providing a friendly, professional service at competitive rates. If you have queries about any aspect of archaeology and heritage in the planning process, please feel free to ask for advice and a free quotation, email Chiz at email@example.com.